Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Train of Thought When Presented With the Idea of Being on a Boat for 15 Months

Well, okay, really?

But my GRANDBABIES!

Okay, maybe I can do it.  What about all the provisioning?  What if I forget something?  What if we run out of horseradish when we're only halfway up the oceanside of the U.S.?

I really am not a sailor, you know.  I may have been sailing for 20+ years, but it's really been passive sailing.  Gary always takes care of anything and would prefer it that way.  My skills are not up to snuff.   Plus, I have PTSD--I've forgotten everything I never knew about sailing anyway.

And what about my GRANDBABIES!?!?!?  I need to see them every couple of days, really, or they will forget me.  And I live for those baby hugs (and the sweet times I spend with their parents).

Do I need a license to sail?  Do I need a title?  Do I need a special hat?  I like hats.

What about my house concerts?  I need them and the camaraderie they bring to my life every month.  Yikes.

Aren't I too fat?  How can these old bones scramble all over the boat anymore?  Maybe 10 years ago . . . .

I will miss my girlfriends and our monthly gatherings.  I love my girlfriends.  Can we invite them on the boat for the weekend?  And you just not come?  Oh.

So, I found a really cool website and I'm going to buy everything she recommends for every part of the boat so that I feel secure.  Okay, maybe it won't work, but I'll feel better going into it having spent all this money.  Understand?  Oh.

Did you see the cute T-shirts I bought?  This one says, "Captain."  No, it's not for you, it's for me.   Oh.

What if I fall off the boat and you don't notice and I get eaten by sharks?  Oh.


1 comment:

  1. LOL! I wouldn't want to sail with anyone more or less crazy than you!

    ReplyDelete