Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Are Hot Tubs Time Machines? Part I

With all the stress of the boat and wondering when she will be ready, we decided to take off this weekend and travel a little bit.  Of course, this was when our mechanic tells us that the boat should be back in the water by Monday.  We had plans to be in Delaware Monday so the splash date was changed to Tuesday.  We didn't have a lot of faith that the boat would splash that day, anyway; you know, something WILL come up to delay us once more.

Figuring It Out
I first flew the coop and went back home for less than 24 hours on Saturday, but those hours were so well spent.  First, I did laundry.  Then, by wonderful coincidence, Saul visited for two whole hours while his parents went out to spend some together time on their 7th anniversary.  That boy is just something; he figures things out so quickly and it's such a blast to watch the processing going on.  I remember the same thing with my kids as they were growing up.  And I could listen to his voice all day long.  So lucky to get that time with him.

After they left and my laundry was finished, I drove out to Culpeper to visit my Dad and stepmom.  We had another good visit.  He's done with the radiation portion of his cancer treatment and is meeting with doctors to discuss next steps.  I told him that I would stand by him whatever decision he made.  

Culpeper Skyline
Later that afternoon, I joined together with a group of lovely women to wish one of the group well on her upcoming marriage.  You know, what happens in the women's circle stays in the women's circle.  I can say, though, that it was a sweetly uplifting experience with tears, laughter, and so much love.  And the FOOD, oh my GOD, the FOOD!

My thoughts about driving back to the Island that evening were for naught; stayed with my friend and slept so well on a wonderfully comfortable bed, and then found it hard to leave the next morning because when she and I get together, we love to talk and talk and talk (usually for about three hours).  With promises of a visit soon, I got in the car and made good time up the highway back to the guys.

I had not left on good terms with the hubby because we had argued about nothing other than directions.  I won't go into the whole stupidness of it all, but thank goodness I can find my way from Point A to Point B (or is it C?).   And we must remember that not all who wander are lost.  Fo' sho'. 


Part II Coming Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment