Saturday, October 11, 2014

So THAT Could Have Been a Big Mistake . . . .


It snaked around the pilings and gingerly made its way aboard our boat, sliding around stanchions, slithering over the teak deck, and slipping into the lazarette, hooking itself into our electronics system.

Surprisingly, it was a gift from our friends on m/y Geraldine, but since it took about twenty years to allow one into my house, I wasn't very excited about having one on my boat.  I was a bit fearful.

But the boy had access to one at the friends' boats and was aching to be like everyone else here.  I just never thought this would be a consideration. So, we discussed it and made a decision to let it stay, just as long as it would not overtake our lives.  We are SO busy waiting for the boat to be repaired, you know?

And so far, it has kept a fairly low profile and makes its presence known only during major sporting events and those comedy shows that you cringe at but it keeps reeling you in (E and I did have a couple of those nights--"Is it really three o'clock in the morning?"); the sports are not my serious cup of tea, but I'll occasionally peek to watch an instant replay of a great catch during baseball or a soccer goal that looked impossible on the first look. 

**Egads!  I just realized that when we were readying to start sailing the Chesapeake for our shakedown cruise, it was World Cup time, and now we're in the playoffs for baseball.**  Way too long to be sitting still, I'm thinking, especially with the little black snake attaching us to shore cable.

So we'll live just a while longer with the slightly unwelcome guest; it's when I find myself flipping channels aimlessly while munching on bonbons with a glazed look in my eye that I may need an intervention.  I'll let you know, really, just after this NEXT show.  

2 comments:

  1. I just worked for MINUTES on a comment, only to have it disappear. C'est la vie, oui? Well, I was saying.... TV. Ugh. I hate the interruption to my peace and quiet, but I love a cheesy TV show. Hello? TV watchers anonymous?

    ReplyDelete